“As your senator I’ll represent the most diverse district in Alaska. By investing in Alaskans, growing our economy and building bridges of opportunity will ensure a prosperous future.” Ed Wesley
Ed Wesley came to Alaska in 1973 with the US Army. Ed and his wife Frances have 5 children, all of whom are now successful adults.
Born in Mississippi, Ed moved to Illinois in 1965. He met Frances in 1970 at the Central YMCA Community College. They have been inseparable since. Ed was
drafted into Army in 1972. They lived in Delta Junction, Alaska from 1973 until 1977 when they moved to Anchorage, Alaska.
A veteran’s advocate for many years, Ed currently serves on the Veterans Volunteer Committee at the Alaska VA Hospital. He is Past Commander of American Legion Post 34 where he sponsored activities for Veterans.
Ed has graciously raised funds for local Disabled Veterans to attend the National Wheel Chair Games. He has tirelessly worked towards and has championed youth activities continually since arriving in Anchorage.
• U.S Army Veteran (Military Police) Honorable Discharge
• Member VA Volunteers Committee Alaska VA Hospital
• National Committeeman for Alaska Democratic Party
• Chairman of District 20 Alaska Democratic Party
• President Alaska Black Leadership Conference
• Member Shiloh Baptist Church (Young Lions Mentoring Program)
• Former Trustee Alaska Retirement Management Board
• Former Vice President Anchorage Board of Realtors
• Former Member Anchorage Zoning Board of Examiners and Appeals
• Former Board of Directors Alaska Youth Ready for Work
• Former Treasurer Anchorage Council PTAs (Airport Heights)
• Former Member of the Small Business Committee Anchorage Chamber of Commerce
• Past President Anchorage Branch NAACP
• Past Chairman Alaska High Schools Basketball Classic Tournament (East-West High Schools)
• Past Commander American Legion Post 34 (Located in Fairview)
• Retired Insurance Broker
• Retired Senior Tax Advisor
• Retired Laborers Local 341